Below are 7 cool fishy facts with videos if you want to learn more! Enjoy!
- You need a licence to cook with fugu because if you eat the wrong part of the fish you will die. Want to know more? All is explained in the video below.
2. Sushi does not mean RAW FISH! To learn more check out the below video.
3. In Tokyo’s famous finest fresh seafood food/fish market the rules are no smoking, no babies and pets. Also you are not allowed to wear open-toed sandals! To learn more about this fancinating market watch the video below.
4. It takes years to master sushi skills as it is considered an art form in Japan. To learn about how hard it is to become a sushi master click on the video below.
5. Koi Carp is seen by the Japanese people as a symbol of courage, strength and persistence. It is also a tradition to have them in parks and gardens for ornamental purposes. Some parks will have food available for you to purchase so you can feed them! To learn more about Koi carp click on the video below.
6. 496 Kg was the weight of the largest bluefin tuna sold at Tsukiji market. For more interesting facts about Tuna fishing in Japan check out the below video.
7. In Japan you can buy dancing squid sahimi! but don’t stress… the squid is dead. The squid ‘dances’ when sauce activates muscle spasms. However, I won’t be tasting this dancing delicacy any time soon! To check out this squid’s cool moves click on the video below.